For those cheesecakes lovers, i can recommend you this cheesecake : “LEMONY LEMON CHEESECAKE”. The easiest, very simple method to create a baked cheesecake with lemon flavour !! Before i begin my story, these are the basic apparatus and ingredients to bake a DELICIOUS cheesecake….
- 10 inch springform pan
- Square baking tray
- Aluminium foil : double layer (to prevent water from seeping into the springform pan as shown in picture 4 —> yellow arrow)
- Grinder or miller
- Mixer (Kenwood)
- Convection Oven
- 150g (1/2 cup) castor sugar
- 125g butter, melted (* COOL DOWN the melted butter at room temperature)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 250g plain sweet biscuit crumbs (Arnott’s Nice Biscuits as shown in the picture) (*alternatively : DIGESTIVE biscuits, Marie Biscuit or Chocolate cookies. It’s your choice!)
- 2 x 250g cream cheese (Philadelphia or Anchor cream cheese. You can get it at Cake Specialities Shop, GIANT hypermarket, COLD STORAGE and etc. AT the Chiller Department where you can find butter, cheese, yogurt, milk, whipping cream…)
(L to R : clockwise –> Castor sugar, Measuring jug, Arnott’s Nice Biscuits, Eggs and another measuring jug)
Lemon Zest (from 1 lemon)
1. Lightly grease a 10 inch springform pan (picture 1). Crush the biscuits into crumbs (Using grinder). Then, mix with melted butter until well-combined and press onto the base of the springform pan (Picture 2). Chill in the fridge for one hour.
(Picture 1 : Grease the pan)
(Picture 2 : Mix the biscuits with melted butter)
2. Put eggs and castor sugar in mixer’s bowl. Then, beat until pale and creamy.
3. Add cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest into the mixture. Beat the mixture until it is smooth and creamy (as shown in picture 3).
(Picture 3 : Mix the lemon zest, juice and cheese with the mixture)
4. Pour mixture into the prepared tin (springform). Place the springform tin onto another baking tray which is filled with water. (*This is to prevent the surface of the baked cheesecake becoming dry or crack!!).
(Picture 4 : Before baking)
5. Bake at 170 degress Celcius for (approximately) an hour or until firm. The top of the lemon cheesecake should be lightly brown (as shown in the picture).
6. After baking, please DO NOT REMOVE the baked lemon cheesecake immediately from the oven (*This also apply to all types of baked cheesecakes) . It should be left to cool in the oven before removing. It is preferable to chill the baked cheesecake in the fridge overnight before serving because the butter used in the biscuit crust needs to be chill and set (**For easy removal from the springform pan!)
1…2…..3…. Here is the lemony lemon cheesecake…….
Ta..Da!! THE Delicious lemony lemon cheesecake. Ready to serve!!
(All the informations are from my MOM, AJI ; Mahen’s mom; Yummy Cheesecakes : A perfect cheesecake cookbook for beginners by Kelly Tang)