AQUARIA which located at KL Convention Centre, KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA. Whoever that don’t know where is KL Convention Centre. Ok, it’s my pleasure to direct. KL Convention Centre is just RIGHT NEXT to KLCC or TWIN TOWER. (Whoever that don’t know where is KLCC or TWIN TOWER, PLEASE CHECK OUR TOURIST CENTRE or any website that tells you where is KLCC!!)
Before i begin my story, this is my 3rd time to AQUARIA. I know it’s crazy to go Aquaria for like so many times. Some people think i’m crazy to visit that place for like 3 times. Well, i have to admit.. if i’m given a chance to work, i’ll definitely choose Aquaria. The reasons are
1) I love all types of turtles (terrestrial to marine) that present in Aquaria, KLCC
2) I love all marine animals (I know Steve Irwin was killed by a STING RAY! That’s life. I still love Sting ray!)
3) I love the environment (Make me feel like this is what i want in life!)
4) I make feel calm and relax (Remind me of my REDANG trip)
Ya..my 3rd times to KLCC aquaria was with Ee ling (My best pal). We
sort of planned to go there like.. one week (the reason it took us so long..to plan because of the weather). So on the 30th of November (around 10am), we left campus to Aquaria (I was so happy.. and she also!!). Both of us headed to Taman Jaya to take LRT to KLCC (Man.. time flies! I haven’t been to Aquaria for like 3 months *whink*). We reached there around 10:30am. The reason we went there early was to vaoid jam (Human Jam in Aquaria). Wah haha.. we were damn lucky. There wasn’t a lot of people there (PHEW!) at that time. The Operating hours starts from 11am to 8pm (including weekends, school and public holidays). Theme for this month or this holiday in AQUARIA : PIRATES OF THE HIGH SEAS!! All the staffs have to dress like something related to PIRATES (A HOY). Besides that, there were some decorations such as swords, treasure chest, canon and etc (take a look at the below picture)
Awesome, right?! (took this in The Living Oceans aka Underwater section)
AQUARIA is divided into a couple of sections (from rainforest to deep blue sea):
1) Marine turtles (Green and Hawksbill hatchlings) [3 tanks ] and River Terrapins aka Freshwater turtles (hatchlings) [1 tank, if i’m not mistaken] —> FROM SEATRU, KUSTEM and Department of Fisheries.
Green turtle (Hehe..!! Yo DUDE!!)
2) Genetically modified fishes (fluorescent or in layman term “GLOW IN THE DARK”
A) Jewels of the Jungle
3) Spiders (especially tarantula), FROGS (EEE… especially the huge one… forget to write down the name), LIZARDS (i dislike or i have phobia), Gekko, insects, beetles and etc.
B) AMAZON and MALAYSIAN Flooded Forest
4) Malaysian Flooded Forest have soft shell turtles, LOTS of Fishes and what else. Oh ya.. River and Painted Terrapins. It’s hard to differentiate between river and painted terrapins (Probably i need to work in CTrec.. wah haha PELF, employ me..!!). I only know (well it’s very obvious) how to differentiate between River and painted MALE terrapins during breeding season.
Meet TURTLE (i wonder what turtle is this?)
C) The Coast
5) In the Coast, you’ll find a lot of marine turtles (YUP, it seems like you will see hawksbill and green turtles EVERYWHERE!!)
(This is HAWKSBILL Turtle as you can see the carapace (shell) is differnt from other turtle)
D) THE LIVING OCEANS (MY favourite section)
Yup, this is my Favourite section. You can see different types of aquatic animals such as STING RAY , Moray Eels, Nurse Sharks, Black Tip Sharks, Groupers, Parrotfish, Tang (blue) and etc and CORALS. Not to forget, the shipwreck that present in the living oceans. The length of the underwater tunnel is 90 metres.
Giant Sting RAY ( i wonder what ray is this? hmm..it’s HUGE)
Meet Bruce the Shark (keke… sound familiar? Relate to clown fish *whink*)
One of the reason why i love to visit Aquaria KLCC is the service. Whenever you are curious about the underwater creatures (for example, the types of sharks), there are someone to assist you. The guy i asked (can’t remember his name).. He is very friendly.
After the living oceans section, there are AQUATHEATRE (a section for you to watch shark feeding : MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and SATURDAY. Time : 3pm-4pm). I think i only seen once (The divers are very friendly. They waved to the kids).
After all these exciting journey from rainforest to deep blue sea, there is a gift shop in AQUARIA. The name of the shop is ATLANTIS Gift Shop. There are t-shirts (for adults and kids), magnet, collectable coins (from royal mint), key chains, bookmarks, and etc. For me, the price is ok (depends on what you want to buy as souvenir). I bought key chain (soft toy) and coins.
Overall, i can say i really love this place. it’s a great place to know about our rainforests, freshwater and marine environment, marine creatures and to learn how and ways to conserve our Environment. So what are you guys waiting for, DO visit our very own AQUARIA. OH ya, for student, please bring your STUDENT CARD.
Student (with STUDENT CARD) = RM20.00
Adults (Malaysian) = RM28.00
Adults (Non-Malaysian) = RM38.00
Child (Malaysian/ 3-12 years old) = RM22
Child (Non-Malaysia / 3-12 years old) = RM26
Child (below 3 years old) = FREE
Senior citizen (60 years old & above) = RM18
Do VISIT our very Own AQUARIA. Cheers, mate!!
(All the informations from pamphlet (Aquaria, KLCC) and official website for Aquaria KLCC http://www.klaquaria.com/maina.html)